MODULAR GREEN ROOF PRODUCTS FROM JAMES
The LiveRoof® system is designed to ensure the success of your green roof project and do so at the lowest possible total system cost. This takes into account more than just the acquisition cost, but also addresses maturation costs, maintenance costs, and life cycle costs of owning a living roof system. By working to reduce these costs LiveRoof® has created the best value available.
The Licensed Grower inserts the LiveRoof® Soil Elevator™ into the module.
LiveRoof® module is filled to the top of Soil Elevator™ with LiveRoof® engineered growing medium.
Your custom selected plants are grown to maturity.
Certified Installer sets LiveRoof® modules tightly in place on the roof within RoofEdge® aluminum edge restraint.
LiveRoof® Soil Elevator™ is removed for a beautiful, seamless instantly mature green roof.
Water thoroughly to settle any loose growing medium and to get your green roof off to a great start.
LiveRoof® Standard Module
- Soil: Appx. 4-1/4″ deep.
- Module Size: 1′ x 2′ x 3-1/4″
- Saturated Weight: Appx. 27-29 lbs/sf saturated and vegetated.
- Dry Weight: Appx. 20 lbs/sf (confirm with your local licensed grower)
- Merits: Maximizes storm water management, integrates perfectly with new construction and often times existing buildings
- Plants: Succulent ground covers, water conserving accent plants, and hardy spring blooming bulbs
LiveRoof® Deep Module
- Soil: Appx. 6″ deep
- Module Size: 1′ x 2′ x 3-1/4″
- Saturated Weight: Appx. 40-50 lbs/sf saturated and vegetated
- Dry Weight: Appx 30 lbs/sf (confirm with your local licensed grower)
- Merits: When irrigated. expands plant biodiversity to array of drought resistant conventional and native perennials, grasses, and vegetables
- Plants: Succulent ground covers, and highly drought tolerant native and adapted non-native perennials and grasses
LiveRoof® Maxx Module
- Soil: Appx. 8″ deep
- Module Size: 1′ x 1′ x 3-1/4″ integrates with LiveRoof® Standard and Deep
- Saturated Weight: Appx. 60-65 lbs/sf saturated and vegetated, when filled with LiveRoof® Engineered Soil
- Dry Weight: Appx. 40 lbs/sf (confirm with your local licensed grower)
- Merits: Meets municipal codes in locales with 8 inch soil depth requirement. Perimeter ballast supports drought resistant perennials, grasses, and vegetables, and can be used to optimize biodiversity
- Plants: Succulent ground covers, drought tolerant native and adapted non-native perennials, grasses, and vegetables
RoofEdge® Aluminum Edge Restraint
Made in North America LiveRoof® RoofEdge® is specially designed to complement the four available sizes of the LiveRoof® System. It is extruded, fabricated and finished in the United States using the highest quality materials and standards.
The ALL NEW LiveRoof® RoofEdge® product line represents second generation green roof edging. The improved RoofEdge® line is the result of lessons learned during our first 1,000+ installations, and collectively represents a new standard for function, aesthetics and integration.
RoofEdge® was designed to be architecturally “pleasing to the eye,” but also with the contractor in mind. Economical and easy to install, the quality of the materials and finishes—whether natural aluminum or bronze or black anodized—are better than ever.
Download the RoofEdge® by LiveRoof® Flyer.
Available in Three Heights to Complement the LiveRoof® System Options:
- LiveRoof® Standard: 4.25″ tall in mill finish or bronze or black anodized
- LiveRoof® Deep: 6.5″ tall in mill finish or bronze or black anodized
- LiveRoof® Maxx: 8.5″ tall in mill finish or bronze or black anodized
RoofStone® Integrated Pavers
In response to designer demand for an artisan quality green roof paver which integrates with LiveRoof®, and contractor necessity for labor-saving solutions, LiveRoof® developed the RoofStone® paver system.
RoofStone® pavers are designed to integrate seamless with the LiveRoof® Standard and Deep system options.
- Size: 1′ wide x 2′ long x 4″ tall (Standard) or 6″ tall (Deep)
- Weight: 50 lbs (Standard) or 54 lbs (Deep)
- Finish: Beautiful artisan surface, top edge chamfered, sides with chip preventing water-conducting standoffs.
- Edging: Only required if paver abuts open space.
- LEED Interface: Base of 100% post-industrial polypropylene. Concrete recycled content varies with color of paver.
- Integrates with weight, height and dimensions of LiveRoof® Standard & Deep modules.
- Built-in handgrips and pedestals for fast, efficient installation.
- No edging needed between RoofStone® paver and LiveRoof®.
- Follows roof contour.
- Suitable for pathways / landings and patios.
- Recycled plastic base.
- Strong & effective, resists impact and cracking with NanoTech MicroBubble™ technology.
- Ample water channels
Bulk Unrooted cuttings
As professional growers, we produce millions of cuttings annually. These are available for bulk purchase during the growing season. Please contact us for variety and projected availability.
- Just in time delivery methods to ensure freshness and vigor
- Complete selection for Southern green roof projects
- Grown and harvested by horticultural professionals